12 HubSpot Alternatives Worth Trying in 2021.
HubSpot burst on the scene in 2006 and created massive waves in the world of marketing. They evolved into a leading tech giant in the e-commerce and digital-marketing industry, consistently making improvements to their product.
With such a premium product, they demand a premium price. Many competing marketing automation and CRM tools have appeared on the scene. The growing availability of CRM software has forced many to rethink whether HubSpot truly serves the value for the money it costs.
This has led small, medium, and even large businesses to look for viable alternatives. Hence why you are here.
But I did all the research for you! Check out my findings and in your search for a Hubspot alternative.
What is HubSpot?
HubSpot is an American-based software that helps businesses with inbound marketing, sales, and customer service.
Its CRM platform offers businesses all of the tools, integrations, and features to help them with more intuitive marketing, sales conversions, and customer management.
HubSpot’s sales tools help businesses eliminate any friction from their sales process. It allows companies to stitch together the multiple point solutions and resolve the complexities.
With HubSpot’s sales hub, you get to operationalize all sales tools from the same platform, making the task more manageable.
HubSpot's sales process focuses on starting conversions, deepening customer relationships, managing customer pipelines, and providing an omnichannel connection.
You can access the sales tool by subscribing to any of the following pricing plans.
Starter at $45/month.
Professional at $450/month.
Enterprise at $1200/month.
There is also a free plan if you wish to test the waters before committing.
HubSpot offers premium CRM features embedded in one of its paid plans. Its CRM software is a powerful suite of features that enables businesses to scale revenue and growth.
HubSpot’s CRM has something to offer to every member of your team starting from sales leaders, sales team, marketers, and customer service reps to operation managers and business owners.
The CRM suite offers users detailed reporting and analytics. It tracks key data, including sales activity, performance, and productivity. It also provides unlimited users, data, and up to 1,000,000 contacts without an expiration date.
This makes HubSpot's CRM one of the most potent digital solutions in the industry.
I have been preaching the importance of a CRM for years. Affiliate managers 100% need to be utilizing a CRM to manage their relationships and organize the program. I have a complete list of affiliate managers tools here.
HubSpot’s marketing tool is designed to help businesses with scattered data and bland marketing. Their omnichannel marketing suite helps businesses to save time and offer more personalized solutions to their customers.
HubSpot does all of this by optimizing your blogs, SEO, ad tracking and management, social media management, video, and live chat management.
HubSpot offers users a free plan, but for advanced functionalities in its CRM suite, you will have to subscribe to any of its Starter ($45/month), Professional ($800/month), and Enterprise package ($3,200/month).
Moreover, it also offers an affiliate program. Here’s a detailed guide on some of the best affiliate programs and networks in 2021.
Drawbacks of HubSpot.
Hubspot’s most significant drawback is its cost. The software follows a steep pricing curve as we move along its various paid packages.
Secondly, most small and medium-sized companies and enterprises would find themselves unable to use HubSpot’s advanced functionalities. It is because they are only available in their priciest plans.
HubSpot is a worthwhile but complex product. If you do not master it correctly, its features and incurred costs may soon become redundant for your business.
Before opting for HubSpot, make sure that your company needs the advanced functionalities that the tool offers.
Why you should consider a HubSpot alternative and what to look for.
While HubSpot is a great CRM tool, it may not be the best fit for everyone. This is especially the case with small-scale companies. Startups and small to medium-sized companies are typically not in a position to make use of the tool’s advanced features due to pricing.
Most of them are reluctant to splurge their hard-earned money on software that is not uniquely tailored to their goals and does not guarantee results.
The drawbacks listed above are enough to make you want to consider alternatives. The truth is that there are plenty of CRM tools that can meet your company’s requirements in a better way.
To make your task straightforward, we’ve prepared the following list of the best HubSpot CRM alternatives in the industry.
12 Best HubSpot alternatives worth trying in 2021.
Since there is no shortage of viable CRM solutions, the following list of great HubSpot alternatives is by no means exhaustive. However, we have sifted the best ones in the market for your benefit.
- Freshworks: Best for Small Businesses.
- GetResponse: Best for eCommerce and businesses relying on webinars.
- Salesforce: Best for large and thriving enterprises.
- Active Campaign: Best for businesses of all sizes.
- EngageBay: Best for Startups.
- Sendinblue: Best for Businesses on a Budget.
- Ontraport: Best for medium to large-sized businesses.
- Wishpond: Best for small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Zoho CRM: Best for medium-sized businesses.
- SharpSpring: Best for eCommerce businesses of all sizes.
- Nutshell: Best for affordability.
- Keap: Best for firms on the lookout for smart CRM.
Freshworks is a powerful customer management platform that puts every essential feature at your disposal. Besides customer service, Freshworks also offers users live chat and marketing automation to track their customer journey.
Freshworks is best known for offering valuable service at a much reasonable price. Compared with Hubspot, not only is Freshworks much more affordable, the price jump between various paid plans is also less severe.
- User-friendly interface
- Sleek drag-and-drop options for quicker customization
- It also offers users segmentation variants to put leads into manageable subdivisions.
- You can attach tags such as “warm leads” and “cold leads” to your segmented lists for improved management.
- Decent reporting
There’s a free plan available if you are still on the fence about using third-party CRM software. You can opt for the Sales Cloud plan or subscribe to the Customer-for-Life cloud, giving you extra features for the same price. Other than that, it offers different feature plans to its customers.
GetResponse is popular in the industry as an email marketing and campaign management tool. But with its recent marketing automation and landing page builder, GetResponse has started to garner much traction.
GetResponse is especially popular among eCommerce platforms and businesses that rely on webinar marketing extensively. The reason is their incredible set of webinar automation tools that we’ll dive into shortly.
GetResponse Quick Features:
- Offers great webinar assistive features to create, encrypt, record, and stream the webinars, personalize their URLs, and present whiteboards
- Features webinar analytics such as conversions, vote responses, viewer locations, and watch time, etc.
- Visual workflows with various filter options
- Offers users the choice to work with various conditions, perform segmenting actions, and tag leads
- Easy drag-and-drop functionality allowing quicker changes
GetResponse offers a limited basic plan at $15/month which is one of the cheapest plans featured on this list. Its Plus plan is more comprehensive and starts at $49/month.
Salesforce is an extremely popular marketing customization and CRM solution. Its basic features cover most of the essential fields in CRM and targeted marketing.
Salesforce is also famous for its user-friendly interface and easy-on-the-eyes visualization of data. They also offer excellent customer support service and several other features making them one of the best HubSpot alternatives.
- Great customization
- Can integrate with over a 100 different third-party software
- Advanced reporting, analytics, and segmentation
- Employee role and performance tracking
- Mobile responsive design
- Detailed management and CRM features
Salesforce offers a customized pay-for-what-you-want model.
Active Campaign is another strong competitor on the list known for its powerful suite of marketing automation.
With Active Campaign, you can automate every tier in your sales funnel. You can create automated follow-up campaigns, set up various conditions, etc. You get the chance to set up a seamless network of automated CRM and sales and marketing.
Other than automation, Active Campaign is also known for its fast and convenient deliverability, ease-of-use, and value for money.
Active Campaign’s deep data integration feature is precious for eCommerce. It allows you to import orders directly into your account.
You can also integrate the tool with your favorite eCommerce platforms such as Shopify, Woocommerce, BigCommerce, and Square.
On the downside, Active Campaign offers fewer dashboard customization options than Hubspot. Its premium features make it a more reasonable investment price-wise, there are no free plans.
- A sleek drag and drop reporting
- Lead contact/ scoring
- Landing page editor along with an extensive range of email templates
- Email marketing automation, along with 125 responsive templates, for as little as $9
- Advanced email campaign reporting along with conversion reports, lead scoring, and contact trend metrics that works better than Hubspot;
- Decent customer support
- Calendar tasks synchronization that works with Google Calendar, Outlook, and Apple Calendar
- Personalized email marketing based on user behavior, prior shopping habits, etc.
Active Campaign does not offer a free plan. Its basic suite of email marketing, automation, and reporting begins at $9. Starting at $49/month for 500 contacts, its Pro Plan will give the additional features of a landing page builder, CRM, etc.
Out of all the alternatives on the list, EngageBay is the most affordable. If you are a small business strapped for cash, EngageBay’s extensive suite of features and reasonable pricing make it the perfect solution.
No longer will you have to rely on extra tools or apps to fill in the gaps for limited plans. EngageBay is a one-stop hub for marketing automation and customer management.
EngageBay offers Sales Bay and Marketing Bay, two suites tailored for different niches.
Sales Bay allows you CRM and sales enablement tools with the help of a contact management dashboard. It also offers scheduling through an integrated calendar.
There’s also live chat tools and powerful support on their Help Desk.
- You can use Sales Bay as an all-in-one marketing, email automation and lead-generation suite for your businesses
- Content and contest tracking with CRM telephony and targeted offerings
- Outlook 365 for appointed schedules, Gmail Calendar, and calendar customization features
- You can also use Outlook 365 for email management
- Gmail integrations, real-time updates, and contact management
You can register with the tool’s Free Plan. This will allow you CRM tools, landing page templates, email broadcasts, sequences, and autoresponders.
EngageBay’s Basic plan ($8.99) allows you to deliver up to 10,000 customized emails and register around 15,000 contacts. Other features in the program include SMS marketing, third-party-integrating, AI-based predictive analytics, email templates, pop-ups, etc.
EnagageBay’s Growth plan begins at $29.99 a month. The plan will allow you to store up to 50,000 contacts and send up to 25,000 customized emails a month. Other add-ons include service automation, marketing automation, push notifications, A/B testing, call records, proposals, etc.
You can also check out the detailed guide on the best email marketing tools of 2021.
Its highest-paid package, the Pro Plan offered at $47.99/month, will entitle you to multiple advanced features. These include SLA, custom reporting, dedicated account manager, role management, customer data tracking, and SSO.
Sendinblue proclaims itself to be a “product for relationship marketing” tool. It's a great HubSpot alternative for offering various tools and optimization features covering all eCommerce and business marketing essentials.
Sendinblue is famous for some of its great standout features that highly compensate its costs. Here's what the tool offers.
Sendinblue Quick Features:
- It offers an incredible live chat tool; you can use it with a customer service rep or a bot
- Offers personalized email marketing
- Dynamic content and templates
- Editable email templates with an easy-to-use drag-and-drop feature
The software comes with five different pricing options. Three for regular businesses with customized quotes and two for small businesses that start at $59 and $119/month. There’s also a free plan available that allows you to send unlimited emails.
Another popular CRM tool for medium-to-large businesses Is Ontraport. The tool is currently operating in over 60 countries, facilitating thousands of users.
Ontraport is another all-in-one marketing automation software that allows you to integrate the many layers of your marketing process. You can merge multiple marketing channels, such as emails, social ads, landing pages, etc., and customize the same.
With Ontraport, you get a more holistic bird’s eye view of where your marketing efforts are taking you.
If there is one area Ontraport can fix, it is their language support options. Ontraport currently only offers operations in two languages: English and Spanish. For a globally renowned brand, this is a minimal language support range.
- Ontraport allows businesses to create a more personalized buyer’s journey and sales process
- Extensive suite of automation features for highly customized marketing
- Information packed CRM that tells you everything you need to know about your organization’s progress
- Highly editable and responsive landing page templates
- Allows you to set up and manage your eCommerce essentials; these include payment, orders, coupon codes, dealing with recurring payments, sales automation, and cart abandonment
- In-built tools for affiliate programs
Ontraport’s cheapest plan begins at $79/month, which obviously makes it a somewhat pricier alternative.
Canada-based CRM automation tool Wishpond is another strong HubSpot alternative on the list. Its all-in-one marketing suite offers businesses greater personalization and a seamless automation experience.
Unfortunately, Wishpond does not have a mobile responsive design. But if it’s not a deal-breaker for your business, its other comprehensive features can compensate for this drawback.
- Offers sleek and dynamic email and landing page templates that are easy to set up
- User-friendly interface
- Pop-ups and social media contests
- Email marketing automation software and inbuilt CRM
Unfortunately, there is no free plan with basic features. However, its paid plans are cheaper than those offered by Hubspot.
By subscribing to their $ 75-month plan, you can get all of the features offered by HubSpot making Wishpond a much cheaper alternative.
Another powerful tool, Zoho CRM is on our list for giving HubSpot a bit of a run for their money. Zoho CRM offers several most popular features: email hosting, CRM software, and website creation.
This is not all. With Zoho you will run into the extensive list of features that the CRM solution offers.
Zoho CRM stands out for its unique options that aren’t very common. For example, an “activities” feature allows users to filter information by activity such as “all calls, tomorrow’s meetings” etc.
Its one downside is the somewhat outdated interface. But while it may not be modern, it is still easy to navigate.
- In-built project management software, customer service, and accounting
- Instead of the two views offered by Hubspot, Zoho offers three different views for contact, account, and deals: kanban, canvas, and tabular
- A wide assortment of filters you can choose from to sort the data
- Up to three users can use zoho CRM for free
- Endless reporting and detailed analytics that is presented in a visual-friendly manner
- Custom dashboards
Zoho CRM offers what is called a pay-for-what-you-want pricing model. And even with the cost of the essential features combined, the model is still cheaper than what you would pay HubSpotfor the same tools.
SharpSpring first entered the CRM market back in 2011 and since then, has managed to gather a reputation for being a solid industry competitor.
SharpSpring is a popular marketing automation platform for agencies. Their extensive suite includes all the essential tools that assist businesses with lead generation, email marketing, sales, and CRM.
SharpSpring may not be as elaborate as Hubspot, but this usually isn’t a concern for agencies and small businesses that do not rely on a million forms for their sales.
- Offers automated workflows to build and manage lead generation campaigns
- Audience segmentation
- Advanced analytics
- Fast-tracking in-built CRM software; their free CRM is included in all of their plans
- Provides a timeline of your past activities with your customers
- Lead tracking
- Dynamic drag-and-drop landing pages builder, form customization, an auto-fill option for returning customers
- Offers sleek funnel templates across seven popular categories in the eCommerce industry
- Flexible integrations with popular platforms such as SalesForce and Google ads.
SharpSpring starts with $40/month for 1500 contacts, and its most expensive plan begins at $875/month. The company also offers special discounts and agency pricing revealed in their product demo.
Nutshell is a robust all-in-one CRM platform that helps you to manage multichannel data from one place. Its various manageability features stand out for assisting users to remain organized and updated all the time.
A host of other features make it a competitive HubSpot alternative. Here’s a quick look.
- Customizable dashboards, pipelines, and related activities
- Active reminder features including emails, meetings, calls, etc.
- Performance tracking tools
- Accessible by multiple team members
- Detailed customization
- Lead segmentation with tags
- Customized reports and analytics
Its cheapest pricing model starts at $19/month. Nutshell Pro is inclusive of all of its advanced functionalities and begins at $35/month.
Keap is your one-stop sales and marketing suite. The platform offers a comprehensive set of features that can help small businesses scale tremendously.
Its management features, such as the appointment scheduling option, make it a great HubSpot alternative for keeping things organized. These features go a long way in cutting back the time wasted over uncertain schedules and clashes.
- With its appointment scheduling feature, leads can book appointments directly from your calendar.
- A CRM that works much like HubSpot
- Integration with Google Mail to pull your emails directly into your CRM
- Easy workflow options and pre-designed options for incoming leads
- Incoming lead management
Pricing varies based on your contact list plus the company also releases various discount options from time to time.
In the end, it is always a good idea to keep your basics in check using these online grammar-checking tools.
FAQs about HubSpot alternatives.
Check the following frequently asked questions for a quick solution to your queries.
What exactly is HubSpot?
HubSpot is a popular inbound marketing platform with an inbuilt CRM and automation software. The tool helps businesses gain visibility, convert leads and generate improved sales.
What are the features of HubSpot?
HubSpot offers a sales, marketing, operations, CMS, and service hub. It helps businesses scale greater revenue and growth by providing advanced reporting and analytics, customer management tools, software integrations, and much more.
What is the price of HubSpot?
HubSpot comes with various pricing models for the features businesses use. The price increases with additional features. Currently, its least expensive marketing solution plan begins at $45/month.
What software is similar to HubSpot?
What is the difference between Marketo and HubSpot?
Both HubSpot and Marketo are marketing platforms. The difference is that where Marketo has earned a reputation for engagement marketing, HubSpot is more popular as an inbound marketing and CRM software.
What is a HubSpot alternative?
What is the best alternative to HubSpot?
The following are the best HubSpot alternatives:
- Active Campaign
- Zoho CRM
Is HubSpot the end all be all marketing automation solution?
The answer is yes and no.
If your company can afford the steep price tags, as well as a need for their complexities then sure, HubSpot is one of the best SaaS solutions out there. But not every company will need or afford HubSpot as a marketing and CRM tool. Ultimately, you must decide on the best solution tailored to your particular marketing and financial goals.
So, which is the best HubSpot alternative for your business? Feel free to reply in the comments below.